Job Title: Media Buyer
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Base Pay: Excellent salary based on verified experience
Employee Type: Full time
Industry: Advertising, Marketing
Manages others: No
Experience: Minimum 3 years in advertising agency or other comparable experience. MUST HAVE PREVIOUS MEDIA BUYING EXPERIENCE
In 2004, James Whelan founded The James R. Whelan Agency from his office at home, with a vision to build a media empire. In the years since, the company has grown and flourished both in number of employees and sales volume. Our staff has well over a century of combined sales and marketing experience and we are seeking an employee who can help our marketing IQ and sales grow. Our services include ad sales for publishers, strategic planning, multi-media planning and buying, creative design, public relations and search engine optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Negotiate rates for all media outlets, such as TV, radio, banners, emails etc
• Research new websites and advertising opportunities for clients
• Request media kits and media information for the Z drive
• Maintain Vendor relationships
• Create media proposals and sales agreements for sales team
• Maintain media library on internal network drive
• Update Media Kits/One Sheets
• Maintain datacards in marketing databases (SRDS, Nextmark/MIN)
• Assist in media director as needed
• Marketing Emails- as needed/ writing copy
• Create spreadsheets as needed to track daily tasks or special projects
• Research/analyze new applications and software which might be useful to the agency
• Thorough knowledge of the principles of marketing and advertising as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
• Manage workflow escalate priority / rush assignments as needed
• Team player with great attitude!
• MUST HAVE PREVIOUS MEDIA BUYING EXPERIENCE
• 4 year degree in advertising/marketing or equivalent experience
• Excellent computer skills, including expert skills in Excel, ACT!, Nextmark, and SRDS
• Strong Negotiating skills and research skills
• Eagerness to take ownership of assigned tasks and work with a broader agency team as a digital media expert
• Previous experience with banner ads, email blasts, text ads, ad tags, marketing databases
• Organized with a strong work ethic and ability to work well under strict deadlines
• Excellent time management skills; attention to detail
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a diverse audience including peers, management, clients, vendors, event staff and others.
• Not allergic to dogs
• Good starting salary based on experience
• Great benefits package including paid personal and vacation time; choice of 3 health plans, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
• Casual atmosphere with lots of extra perks- We are dog friendly workplace!
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your resume to email@example.com
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS. PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING AND BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.